Name Change

You may change your own first name, middle name, and/or your last name. You may change the name of your child (if certain criteria is met).

You must have lived in the county in which you are filing for a name change for at least one year before filing the petition for a name change.

Legal Notice of the Petition for Name Change will be published in the newspaper.

There will be a hearing before the District Court Judge regarding the name change.